Friday, September 12, 2014

seventy-three days after


seventy-three days after


This one’s for Alouise! I didn’t end up doing the 20 facts about me post on Facebook for obvious reasons (the main being I don’t share my life with people I know but I would rather reveal everything to an empty space where only few eyes wander). But it’s a nice form of self reflection and I thought ...


Federer seeks elusive Davis Cup glory


Paris (AFP) - Roger Federer will spearhead Switzerland's bid to reach the Davis Cup final for the first time against Italy in Geneva this weekend and in so doing put himself within striking distance of one of the few prizes that have eluded him. The 17-time Grand Slam champion has won all the top ti ...


Watch Anime Legally in Your Country-Anime Streaming in 2014


Many anime fans continously find excuses to why they turn to more illegal online streaming or downloading outlets for their anime. Now with 2014 there is quite the number of online legal streaming sites that cater to an anime fan’s needs. Read on for the available sites. If you have thoughts on thei ...


Netflix: the revolution that changed the US TV landscape


Los Angeles (AFP) - From doorstep DVD delivery to binge-watching on tablets and phones: In 17 years Netflix has revolutionized the US television industry several times over. The company -- which is about to arrive in France, Switzerland, Belgium, Germany and Austria -- has also totally revamped the ...


Ulm


I'm going to back up a little from the last post. I'll take it from the time I was transferred from Kansas to Germany. My eighteen months in Germany might have been the most important period in my life. There, I took responsibility for the first time in my life, stopped being a party animal and foun ...


Paris, France (TBT)


It's Finally Thursday. Is it just me or did this week go by extremely slow? Why can't every weekend have that extra day? Any who... As some of you may have noticed I forgot to post my TBT last week. There is a good reason, I promise. I had SO many pictures from this city to go through and edit. This ...


Davis Cup Tennis Picks 2014 (September 12th)


The US Open might now be in the history books as one of the more surprising men's Grand Slam winners for quite a few years took the title in Marin Cilic on the final Monday of the tournament. I have been talking up Cilic's credentials for about eighteen months as I have been impressed with the added ...


Yonex - Regional Codes


AS - Australia BR - Brazil BX - Belgium/Netherlands CD - Canada CH - China CN/CP - Chinese National Team DK - Denmark FR - France GR - Germany HK - Hong Kong ID - India IN/IP - Indonesia/Inter Pacific JP - Japan KR - Korea MA - Malaysia NZ - New Zealand SD - Sweden SP - Singapore/South Pacific SW - ...


An ® in error, or a CRONUT mark update


A recent New York Times article on competing doughnut shops in Brooklyn began: Once Dominique Ansel secured a trademark for the Cronut this year, some New Yorkers might have thought that the city’s doughnut wars, or at least heated conversations about doughnuts, were over. This sentence should begin ...


Day Eleven of Prayer


Day Eleven of Prayer Trafficking Aftercare Survivors who have been freed from trafficking find hope and healing at the Open Door Shelter in Bucharest (the only shelter in Romania). These young women come into contact, perhaps for the first time, with people who love God and love them. The healing pr ...


DOJ's Focus on Swiss Banks Goes Beyond Switzerland


Financial institutions outside Switzerland may be tempted to think that the U.S. Department of Justice’s focus and pressure on Swiss banks in recent years leaves them in the clear. And, indeed, the DOJ has had great success in targeting these ...



Search News